There are community meeting rooms available at our Marshfield and Rogersville locations. To reserve the meeting room at Marshfield contact Terri at 417-468-3335 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To reserve the meeting room at Rogersville contact Carolyn at 417-753-3220 or email@example.com.
Library meeting rooms are available for use by nonprofit groups abiding by the conditions stated herein. Personal events or one-on-one meetings, such as birthday parties, bridal showers or interviews, are not allowed.
1. Admission may not be charged and all meetings must be open to the public. No soliciting or selling of products or services not directly connected with the library can take place. However, groups may conduct such customary activities as collecting dues or coffee money. Charges for educational supplies may be allowed at the discretion of the library director.
2. Purposes, objectives or views of groups using the meeting rooms shall not be advertised in a way to suggest that they are endorsed by the library.
3. The library may not be considered the official address or meeting place of any organization.
4. For the room at the Marshfield Library: All meetings must begin during the normal operating hours of the library and conclude by 9:30 pm. After normal library closing hours access to the library proper will be locked. Upon leaving group representative must ensure the following:
Meeting room, bathroom and hall lights are off.
Coffee pot or other electronic devices are off and unplugged.
Meeting room doors are locked.
Front door is fully closed and locked.
For the room at the Rogersville Library: All meetings must be conducted during the normal operating hours of the library.
5. Reservations for the meeting rooms are on a first come, first served basis and must be made at least a week in advance. Library sponsored events shall receive priority in the event of a scheduling conflict. Meeting room use is limited to one reservation per week per group. An application for use of a meeting room, including a signature of the responsible party, must be completed by each group at least one week prior to its first scheduled meeting date. An adult 18 or older must be responsible and in attendance. Download Meeting Room Application For Use here.
6. Any group using a meeting room is expected to conduct its proceedings in a quiet, orderly manner, and to set up and take down chairs and tables as needed. Trash must be placed in receptacles and the room left clean and orderly. Please leave the room arranged in the manner in which it was found.
7. Tobacco use and alcoholic beverages are prohibited on library premises. Meals may not be served in the meeting rooms. A microwave and refrigerator are available for use in serving light refreshments. Groups are responsible for cleaning up the kitchen area after each meeting. All supplies stored in the kitchen or meeting area are the property of the library and may not be used.
8. Groups will be held responsible for any damage to, or theft of, library property.
9. Each group is responsible for notifying a library staff member when a meeting is complete and the room is vacated. In order to maintain statistics on facility usage, the library asks each group to report the attendance at each meeting to the library staff.
10. The library reserves the right to refuse future bookings to groups that fail to appear on scheduled meeting dates or do not abide by the above policies.
11. The library reserves the right to modify conditions imposed on the use of the meeting rooms when necessary to adapt to the operational needs of the library.