All new library card applicants, 17 years and older, must present photo identification plus current proof of residency. Applicants under the age of 17 must have a parent or guardian sign the library application in the presence of library staff. The parent or guardian must have a current library card in good standing to sign as the responsible party. The item establishing proof of address must be current and can include items such as; recently postmarked mail, utility bill, rent receipt, etc.
A library card shall be issued without charge to any resident of Webster County and to those residing in any county bordering Webster County.
1. A library card must be presented to check out library materials or use a computer.
2. Each patron must provide the library with a telephone number where he/she can be reached (i.e. home, work, relative, etc).
3. Library cards are not issued to children under the age of five.
4. Library cards require updating annually to ensure accuracy of patron contact information.
5. When patrons use their library card for the first time they are limited to two items.
6. Patrons must use their own library card.
7. There ia a $2 fee to replace a lost card.